The Sheriff’s Office provides work opportunities and employment training for inmates to aid in their rehabilitation.
Inmates have the opportunity to experience success in real-life work situations and gain vocational skills, while providing low cost labor to County agencies, other government jurisdictions and eligible non-profit organizations.
- Catering meals for the Department of Human Services (DHS) Residential Center
- Clean-up projects with the Department of Public Works
- Park maintenance for the Department of Parks and Recreation
- On-the-job training in a bindery shop (a joint venture with the Arlington County Print Shop)
- Laundering blankets for the DHS homeless shelter
- Various short-term tasks such as dry mounting pictures for the County fair, stuffing envelopes for various County agencies, making posters