ASAP improves highway safety by reducing alcohol-related accidents and arrests. It is a court-mandated program for DUI and first-time drug offenders.
ASAP evaluates those entering the program and recommends one or more of the following:
- driver education
- alcohol/drug education
- combination of education and counseling
All education is designed to prevent relapse and repeat offenses.
By monitoring program participants, ASAP acts as a probation facility for the courts. After completing the program, defendants either receive a certification of compliance or an order to return to court for noncompliance.
- DUI offender: $300
- 1st Offender Drug: $300
- Circuit Court Habitual Offender: $300
- Youthful Offender: $300
- Habitual Offender Evaluation: $200
- Pre-Trial Evaluation: $200
- Pre-Sentence Evaluation: $200
- Alcohol and Drug Education Intervention: $100
- Driver Improvement: $50
- DMV Habitual Offender Intervention: $30
- Drug Screens: $25
- Reschedule: $25
- Reassignment: $25