To ensure the safety of the public, those incarcerated, and staff, the following changes to operations at the Sheriff’s Office are in effect:
- Friday walk-in hours have been suspended indefinitely.
- Case managers will see clients Monday through Friday by appointment only. Please contact your case manager in advance to determine if an in-person appointment is warranted or if alternative methods are available to assist you.
- Individuals needing to enroll in ASAP may still do so in person at this time.
- Attorneys and others with general questions should contact our office via telephone for assistance first. For now, we ask that attorneys and treatment providers contact the assigned case manager directly or call 703-228-7066 if the case manager is unknown.
ASAP improves highway safety by reducing alcohol-related accidents and arrests. It is a court-mandated program for DUI and first-time drug offenders.
ASAP evaluates those entering the program and recommends one or more of the following:
- driver education
- alcohol/drug education
- combination of education and counseling
All education is designed to prevent relapse and repeat offenses.
By monitoring program participants, ASAP acts as a probation facility for the courts. After completing the program, defendants either receive a certification of compliance or an order to return to court for noncompliance.
- DUI offender: $300
- 1st Offender Drug: $300
- Circuit Court Habitual Offender: $300
- Youthful Offender: $300
- Habitual Offender Evaluation: $200
- Pre-Trial Evaluation: $200
- Pre-Sentence Evaluation: $200
- Alcohol and Drug Education Intervention: $100
- Driver Improvement: $50
- DMV Habitual Offender Intervention: $30
- Drug Screens: $25
- Reschedule: $25
- Reassignment: $25